Monday, September 27, 2010

Daybreak

(9-21-10)

Is it bad if you know most Barry Manilow songs by heart?

OK. Don't answer that.

I am not ashamed to admit that I had pretty much every Barry Manilow album produced back in the 1970s. Yes, I said albums. This was before CDs and iPods and digital downloads.

If that's dating me, so be it.

Barry joined Richard and Karen in getting me through my share of teenage angst back in the day. (You know, Richard and Karen Carpenter. I aspired to be Karen Carpenter. Alas, it didn't quite work out that way.)

When I saw the gorgeous sunrise a few days ago, it was Barry's song, "Daybreak," that popped into my head. I have my circa 1976 "This One's for You" album on a shelf in the office, which includes "Daybreak."

But I have no record player to play the album, so I went to youtube to listen to it instead.

Barry didn't disappoint.

Neither did the gorgeous sunrise. Yes, Barry, I DO wanna believe in Daybreak. And with beauty like that, it can't help but make me "shine, shine, shine" - maybe not all around the world, but surely on the County Line and my little part of the world.

I think it's the perfect message for a Monday. Enjoy!


Daybreak
Singin' to the world
It's time we let the spirit come in.
Let it come on in!
I'm singin' to the world
Everybody's caught in a spin
Look at where we've been
We've been runnin' around
Year after year
Blinded with pride, blinded with fear.

(3-6-10)

But it's daybreak
If you wanna believe
It can be daybreak
Ain't no time to grieve
Said it's daybreak
If you'll only believe
And let it shine, shine, shine!
All around the world.
(Singin' to the world, singin', singin')

(9-21-10)

Singin' to the world
What's the point in putting it down
There's so much love to share
I'm singin' to the world.
Don't you see it all come around
The feeling's everywhere
We're been closing our eyes
Day after day
Covered in clouds, losing our way.

(4-14-10)

But it's daybreak
If you wanna believe
It can be daybreak
Ain't no time to grieve
Said it's daybreak
If you'll only believe
And let it shine, shine, shine!
All around the world.
(Singin' to the world, singin', singin')


1 comment:

  1. I love that old 70's music. I listened to it a lot in my tractor driving days. Mom

    ReplyDelete