Monday, September 16, 2013

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone,
 but also on trees,
 and in the flowers and clouds and stars. 
 ~Author unknown, commonly attributed to Martin Luther

A full rainbow welcomed me home. What a beautiful greeting!

I spent the weekend with Eric, Jill and Kinley, along with some 50,000-plus "family" members at the K-State game. (More on that later.)

We only got 0.35" of rain, but it came with a beautiful rainbow. I drove through a heavy storm from Hutchinson to some 10 miles from home. (Of course, Hutchinson got more rain. It was the final day of the Kansas State Fair!) We could have used a little more rain, but the shower will help incorporate the fertilizer Randy had the co-op apply to prepare the ground for wheat planting in a couple of weeks. 

I felt a little guilty leaving Randy behind to work. But I guess I didn't feel guilty enough to stay home and miss Kinley's first K-State ballgame of the year.

While I delivered him to his pickup to move it back home, we saw a full rainbow. What a weekend ... family, football and rainbows. I am blessed!

The sky is the daily bread of the eyes. 
 ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment