Thursday, August 9, 2018

Both Sides of Sunset

With storm clouds brewing as sunset approached, the sky was offering a prime time show. Since reruns are the television entertainment at this time of summer, we left the house and ventured down the road for the free show. 
Priceless.
The western sky was beautiful - no doubt about that.
The setting sun lit the billowing clouds on fire. But if I'd only looked to the west to the main attraction, I would have missed the best part of all.
And isn't that the case with life? We get so focused on what's in front of us that we forget to take a breath and look around.
Some of the most beautiful things are found on the other side.
Maybe it's the other side of the argument.
Maybe it's the other side of that bad mood.
Maybe it's the other side of sunset.
The lesson I’ve learned? Take a breath, look around. Enjoy the entire view. Get a different perspective. You just might find beauty there.

A Time to Think

Every day we live is a priceless gift of God,
loaded with possibilities to learn something new,
to gain fresh insights. –Dale Evans Rogers, singer

A Time to Act

Encourage me God, to see the value in what I have.

A Time to Pray

Dear God, lead me through today with new insights and new hope.

From Guideposts email devotional

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was! I was glad to have a front-row seat.

      Delete
  2. Wondrous beauty! So glad you found time to relax and watch this sunset magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to take advantage of these free shows more often.

      Delete