Thursday, September 19, 2019

God's Handwriting

Sunrise, September 17, 2019 - Happy Birthday, Jill!

A Time to Think

Never lose an opportunity for seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting, a wayside sacrament.—Ralph Waldo Emerson

A Time to Act

Open your arms to beautiful moments and they will come to you.

A Time to Pray

Today God, let me shine for You.
From a Guideposts email devotional

I like to bracket my days with beauty on both ends.
From sunrise skies in the east ...
to sunset skies in the west.
Most of the time, I witness these spectacles by myself with cicadas' buzz as a white-noise undertone. But one evening this week, I had some company. When I saw the pretty clouds and setting sun, I drove to a neighbor's windmill, a vantage point I've used before when featuring the western sky.

When I arrived, the cattle were congregated at the windmill, the bovine equivalent to an evening cocktail hour, I suppose.
I was the party crasher. And they were curious. They kept creeping closer ...
... and closer ...
... and closer ...
 
 ... until I had several standing at the gate. I don't know whether they thought I had grain or hay. But I arrived at the party empty-handed (other than my camera, of course), so we just had some polite conversation before I departed.
I made a couple of other stops before going home ...
... watching the day's light dwindle away like a cowboy riding into the distant sunset.
And I was again reminded of Ralph Waldo Emerson's words:

Never lose an opportunity
 for seeing anything that is beautiful; 
for beauty is God's handwriting,
 a wayside sacrament.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful indeed! Thanks for posting. Lovely to see these photos on this rainy-misty NE Texas morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have cousins that live in the Crosby, Texas, area, and they are experiencing flooding. Are you as well? Stay safe and thanks for taking time to comment!

      Delete