Thursday, December 3, 2020

Family Photos

All photos in this post are by Demiurge Photography, Manhattan, KS

You know the worst thing about family photos?
They look just like me.
I'm kidding - sort of. 
 

I love taking photos, as evidenced by the thousands on my computer hard drive. 
I'm not as fond of being on the other side of the lens. 
 
However,  Jill arranged for a family photo shoot this fall, and we really appreciated being included. I love getting new photos of everyone else. I'm just not as wild about the process for myself. 

But as one of my favorite sayings goes, "It is what it is."

The weather didn't cooperate for the first try. But our second attempt was a perfect fall day. And I'm thankful for the updates to the photo frames scattered all around my house.

Isn't this one fun? It took several attempts to get everyone in the air and looking at the camera at the same time.

But I love all the more traditional poses as well. 
Kinley is 8 (almost 9). Brooke is 6.
I'll leave the rest of us unlabeled.
 
"Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still." 
Dorothy Lange
 





 



6 comments:

  1. Hope Dad’s got a big stick, those two girls are going to be heartbreakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely portraits, and it must have been wonderful just to have gotten together this year (Covid-20 year I mean)! Such a handsome group. And like you, I've never like having my photo taken. I don't really know why, but I have many school pictures to prove that the dislike has been present for quite a while.

    I hope 2021 leads to many more happy portraits!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome, each and every photo!

    ReplyDelete