Monday, March 2, 2015

Snowflakes & Seasons

Taken Saturday afternoon

A Time to Think

The wonder of a single snowflake outweighs
 the wisdom of a million meteorologists.
–Sir Francis Bacon, philosopher

When I say "the four seasons," some may think of a singing group and others about a famous hotel. But I think about Kansas. The weekend's snow gave me a chance to capture the beauty of the winter season at Peace Creek.

The snow provided some Andrew Wyeth-painting-worthy scenes as we went to check cattle Saturday after lunch. Even though we didn't get the deluge of snow that the meteorologists were predicting, it gave me the chance to add to my four seasons photo portfolios.

As I posted last month, I added a snow scene to one of my favorite Manhattan locations. But, upon reflection, I realized I probably had more local four seasons shots in the literally thousands of photos I have on the computer.

In this Peace Creek montage, I am again one season short of the "full house" or, in this case, a full "creek." (For locals, this is the view from the bridge at 4th Street Road,  just east of the county line.)

To my winter scenes from the weekend ...
These two were taken late afternoon on Sunday.
 I can add the goldenrod-framed shot from the fall ...



... and a pastoral scene from August for my summer scene.
Spring is coming, even though it doesn't seem much like it after this weekend of snow and cold. And I'll be ready - in more ways than one!

2 comments:

  1. All so pretty. I like the one with ice and the summer one. I don't get many pictures of the creek running through the ranch. It's so different north then south. North has a lake, then a waterfall into the creek. It's so tranquil and at times good fishing! :)
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your comparison of seasons. It does change so much. A beautiful spot in your world.

    ReplyDelete