Monday, January 3, 2011

One Sweet Song


I love the brightly colored piano they've added to the decor at Cool Beans, a restaurant at the depot in Hutchinson.

And, as we start 2011, I think it's a good reminder:

Life is one sweet song.
So start the music.

The music of 2011 is cued up and ready to go. But it's up to us to decide whether the music is a dirge or a dance tune.

My sister sent me an email about attitude. Though I'm usually one to clear out my in box promptly, I've saved this one. It's a good reminder to me. I hope you will take it to heart, too:

***
There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

'Well,' she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today.'
So she did, and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

'H-M-M,' she said, 'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.'
So she did, and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.

'Well,' she said, 'today I'm going to wear my hair in a ponytail.'

So she did, and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.
'YAY!' she exclaimed. 'I don't have to fix my hair today!'

Attitude is everything.

Be kinder than necessary,

for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply,

Love generously,

Care deeply,

Speak kindly,

and pray continually.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

***

And that's my prayer for you as you begin 2011. Let the music begin!


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful song. Such beautiful thoughts! Thanks for sharing, Kim!

    ReplyDelete