Monday, November 26, 2012

I've Got Your Back: I Hope You'll Have Ours Today

You know how friends say, "I've got your back," or, at least they do in the movies. Well, today, friends, I'd be so thankful and humbled if you'd have Randy's back.

My guy is having major surgery this morning at the Kansas Spine Hospital in Wichita. He has spinal stenosis, a narrowing within the spine, which can put pressure on the spinal cord and the nerves that travel through the spine. In his case, it's genetic and it's exacerbated by aging.  He's been putting up with pain and numbness in his legs for years. He's tried the less invasive treatments. But after consulting with several doctors, he decided that now is the time to try surgery and try to improve his quality of life.

If you know Randy, you know he's not a complainer. He didn't moan and groan about his pain. He just found a bench to sit on or something to lean against. But he wants to be able to play with Kinley and golf and yes, even work, with less pain.

Back surgery is scary. At least, it is to us.  So, could you please join me in saying a prayer for Randy and for his medical team today?
Matthew 18:20 - New International Version
For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.
You may not be with us physically in Wichita. But I believe you can gather with us through prayer. And I would be so grateful.
Matthew 7: 7-8 (NIV)
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
He'll be in the hospital for a day or two. (That is scary enough to me. You have major back surgery and then they send you home to a non-medically trained wife. Yikes! I'll do my best!) Then, for three months, he won't be able to lift more than 10 pounds. We have good help, and we are blessed by that.

Thanks, my friends, for having our back today. 

4 comments:

  1. Randy will be in my prayers for a successful surgery & a speedy recovery.

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Kim, Prayers for Randy, the Medical crew and you!

    My Dad recently found out that he has a genetic condition and RA. I can understand what you and Randy are going through with the farm/ranch work load and pain management.

    It's not easy, but God will guide you through! Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your good wishes and prayers, Robyn! We hope this will be the answer to his pain.

      Delete