Thursday, January 16, 2020

Winter Sky

Winter's sky is an old blue soul,
weaving dark clouds with wonder.
Angie Wieland-Crosby
A windmill just off 4th Street on my way home from Hutchinson
Watching the skies will be more than a hobby today. The weathermen are talking about freezing precipitation tonight.
Taken on the way home from Pratt one evening.
One of them even said the dreaded words, "It could affect power lines."
I vote "no" on that. I also hope none of the heifers decide that freezing rain is a good welcome for our first baby calves of the year.

As for me, I'll be wearing my long underwear for feeding today. Brrrr! The cold makes for beautiful blue winter skies, but the feed truck doesn't get very warm. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope the weather has been kinder than anticipated. We woken to a rain gauged filled with 4 inches in it and we again have a view of the ponds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got rain! We may have more moisture this week, which we won't turn down.

      Delete