Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Impossibly Easy Lasagna Pie

I was looking for a new way to use my freezer full of hamburger AND a recipe I could transport for yet another meal to the field.

I solved both with Impossibly Easy Lasagna Pie. It got good reviews.

I hope it does at your house, too. Enjoy!

Impossibly Easy Lasagna Pie
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup thick and chunky tomato pasta sauce
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick
1 cup milk
2 eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9-inch, deep-dish pie plate. Cook beef in skillet (I threw in a few minced onions) over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown. Drain. Stir in pasta sauce; heat until bubbly. Put half of the meat into prepared pie plate.

Mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of milk and salt. Drop cheese mixture by spoonfuls onto beef mixture.


Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.


Top with remaining beef mixture.

Stir together Bisquick, 1 cup milk and eggs until blended. Pour into pie plate over meat mixture.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

NOTE: I probably used 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger, so I added another 1/4 cup pasta sauce as well. Also, I didn't have any chunky spaghetti sauce, so I used what I had. It turned out fine.

The recipe says it serves 6. If you do cut the lasagna pie into six pieces, each slice has: 350 calories, 21 g fat, 134 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 26 g protein.

Diet Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this tonight! Thanks for the step by step pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it turns out well for you! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete