Monday, March 28, 2011

You're My Best Friend

Thirty years ago today, I married my best friend.

Where did 30 years go? Gosh, where did those two fresh-faced youngsters go?

Photo by Stan Reimer, March 28, 1981

I guess they were left behind in three decades of working together, a quarter century of parenting together and the ups and downs that life brings.

Photo by Stan Reimer, December, 24, 2010

But through it all, older and wiser, he's still my best friend, and I probably love him more than I did 30 years ago.

I still believe everything I wrote last year on this special day. I am thankful every single day for him (even if he irritates me on occasion. Of course, I never irritate him. Who, me?)

Our kids (read Jill) surprised us with a card shower to celebrate our 30th. After being gone a couple of days, it was great fun yesterday to find the mailbox stuffed with cards and greetings.

And just like it used to be Casey Kasem's radio show, here's a little number I'd like to dedicate to my best friend and my love. Happy Anniversary, Randy!

No comments:

Post a Comment