Sunday, March 28, 2010

To Have and To Hold


Today is our 29th wedding anniversary. Today is the anniversary of a day I made one of the best decisions of my life.

I am blessed. I couldn't ask for a better husband, a better father to my children, a better friend, a better partner.

Today is the anniversary of the day I became not only a farmer's daughter, but a farmer's wife.

Today is the day I married a man who shares many of the same values and character traits with which I was raised.

Today is the anniversary of the day I traded my simple five-letter last name for a mammoth 11-letter moniker.


Today I look back and am thankful for the smiles and laughter, the help and encouragement, the trust and understanding. I am thankful for the comfort and caring when things were hard.

Today I am amazed that I've lived more years with this man than I have without him - and that's a good thing.


Today is the anniversary of the day I walked down the aisle of the Pratt First United Methodist Church and began a new journey. Today I celebrate the memories of yesterday, the happiness of today and the promise of our tomorrows. I pray there are many more miles and many more years on this journey.

Love you, Randy ...

3 comments:

  1. Love you 2 !
    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really did remember BEFORE I read this. Ask the girls....we bought the card yesterday!! However, it won't make it there on time of course!! Happy Anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you too! It's exciting that we share the same anniversary! And I am really glad that it did NOT snow on March 28, 2009 in Texas... because then I would have had a really cold wedding!! :-)

    ReplyDelete