Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkin Palooza by Kinley Marie

Hello everyone. It's Kinley Marie.

I'm back at home after a week at Grandma and Grandpa Fritzemeier's farm on the County Line.  I'm telling you: They kept me busy. I had to go home just to rest up.

One of our excursions was to the Bethany Church of the Nazarene's Pumpkin Patch in Hutchinson. It was the only pumpkin patch that Grandma could find open on a weekday. (We had the K-State ballgame to go to on Saturday. Priorities, you know.)
 
That was a lot of pumpkins in one place - big ones, little ones and teeny-tiny ones. They had some funny shaped things called gourds, too. How ever would I decide?
Grandpa tried to help. I would carry one to him, then I'd try another one. I got my exercise carrying them from one place to the other. If I'm looking for a part-time job next fall, maybe I can seek employment at the pumpkin patch. I was pretty good at moving inventory.
Once we got the pumpkins home, Grandma and I decorated two of them with cat faces. My Mommy asked my Grandma how much work I actually did on arranging the kitty faces. My Grandma told my Mommy that it involved a lot of teamwork. She was right.
I also decorated one of the pumpkins with the butterfly stickers I got when we went to Quivira National Wildlife Refuge. (That was another of our field trips which I will have to tell you about another day.)

As you know, today is Halloween. I will have to wait all day long to go trick or treating. Bummer!
I tried on my costume for Grandma and Grandpa last weekend when they took me home. As you can probably tell, I am an owl. I wonder if my friends and my teachers will recognize me at the costume parade at day care today? I'll be the one in wings.
I am not sure whether my Dolly will be going trick or treating with me.  But I guess I'll take Mommy and Daddy for sure. Grandma says she sure wishes she could be there, too.
Happy Halloween, everyone! I hope you get lots of candy. I think I'll have to watch mine like a hawk - or maybe like an owl - since I'm guessing my Daddy might like a piece of candy (especially if I get Starbursts). But I know it's a good thing to share. At least, that's what everyone keeps telling me.

Until next time,
Kinley Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment