Monday, November 4, 2013

K-S-U Wildcats by Kinley

Hi again! It's Kinley, reporting from Manhattan.
 
I must confess that I did not make it to the K-State vs. Iowa State game on Saturday. My Mommy and I were home cleaning. When my Daddy left home to come to the game, I was dusting the low spots, while Mommy got the higher real estate. I also helped my Mommy make corn muffins and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  (Last week, I went incognito and did my cooking as an owl. This week, I just had to cook in my regular clothes.) Mommy had to make the chili by herself because I needed to take a nap. I was getting ready to have my GG (Great Grandma Carol) and my Daddy's family come to dinner on Sunday. I got to play with my cousin and fellow flower girl, Hannah.
October 27, 2013
Anyway, I did get to go to the K-State football game on October 26. Sorry I am so slow in reporting the homecoming festivities.
There is a lot to watch at the K-State football games. Even though most people are there to watch football, I think I like the band the best. I am pretty good at keeping a beat. Just ask my Grandmas.
My Grandma Christy and I were ready when our Wildcats moved the ball down the field. We moved our arms just right when the announcer said, "Good for a Wildcat first down!"

My Daddy has been working with me when we score a touchdown. I know just what to do: Arms straight up in the air!
I explained all the finer points of the game to my Grandma Christy and Grandpa Alan.
And, I also provided my insight about the Wildcat offense and its two-quarterback system to my Grandma and Grandpa Fritzemeier. I must have been a good luck charm because the 'Cats got a win, 35-12 over the West Virginia Mountaineers!
After the game, we got our photo taken outside Bill Snyder Family Stadium. I think it's not just Bill Snyder's family. My family seems to show up at that stadium quite regularly, too.
October 26, 2013
My Grandmas both thought I would have liked Fort Riley Day on Saturday, since there were three bands. A military band joined the Pride of Wildcat Land for the pregame patriotic fanfare.
And then the Iowa State band, the K-State marching band and Fort Riley worked together during the halftime show, including playing Stars and Stripes Forever, where they unfurled a giant flag.
Even Willie the Wildcat was dressed in camouflage. Maybe I'll get to go to Fort Riley Day next year. I wasn't sure whether K-State could win without me, but they did, 41-7. 

Until next time,
Kinley Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment