Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cabin Fever by Kinley Marie

Cabin Fever
By Kinley Marie

After last week's snowstorm, my grandparents had a bad case of cabin fever. They didn't really look sick to me, but Mommy and Daddy said we could meet them at Exploration Place in Wichita to try and help them feel all better. Usually, my parents want to avoid getting me exposed to any sort of fever, but I guess we make exceptions for grandparents.

I am a good helper, so I was all for it.
After we saw all the fun things to do, I was glad I could be part of the cure for that pesky case of cabin fever.
My favorite part was the water table. I was not alone in my love of building channels for the water to flow through. Grandma says it was a good lesson in cooperation, too, because the other kids and I had to share only one ball. And there was only so much room on the steps, so we had to wait our turn.
It was even OK that I got a little wet.
I also liked my archaeological expedition.
My Daddy helped me uncover the treasures.
I had to show my Mommy the turtles. One was being very lazy. Maybe he was having a snow day. 
I love turtles, as you might be able to tell from my turtle barrette.
I am not always a fan of cows in person, but this one seemed OK. She didn't make as much noise as Grandpa's big cows. Grandpa and I pretended to milk her.
I watched some bigger girls go into a wind tunnel, and I thought I might give it a try.
My Mommy didn't think I'd like it. But I convinced Grandpa to go with me, and we survived!
We played all afternoon, and I didn't even have to take a nap. Score! I would never wish for anyone to be sick. But if the grandparents get cabin fever again, I'm the girl to help cure them.

Until next time,
Kinley Marie

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun was had by all! I find myself watching kids and the excitement they have in learning about or discovering things that we as adults take for granted. It is a good lesson in appreciating the little things in life. The smile of a child is priceless!

    I hope warmer weather is headed to Kansas, Kim! Yesterday it was 8*, this afternoon it is 41*. Hard to comprehend.

    Good Luck buying bulls this spring and hope calving is going good. Cold and snow make calving more busy than normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's supposed to warm up this weekend here, too. It will make the cattle lots sloppy, but it's good for crop ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of Kinley to help you out! :) Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had a great time. And it's nice to have a cute model. (Not that Randy's not cute. :-)

      Delete