Harvest Gold

Harvest Gold

Monday, February 27, 2017

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nothing Gold Can Stay
By Robert Frost
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay.
I was reading a book and saw a reference to Robert Frost's poem, "Nothing Gold Can Stay." Since I didn't know the poem, I looked it up.

Later, I watched a sunrise morph and shape shift in incremental moments. And while the first gold of morning didn't "stay," I guess I'd prefer to find beauty in the unique qualities of each moment. No, the sunrise glory doesn't tarry long. But there's more to "unwrap" in each moment - if only we're willing to look.

A Time to Think

Unwrap the hidden beauties in an ordinary day. –Gerhard E. Frost, author

A Time to Act

Find joy where and when it surfaces.

A Time to Pray

Dear Lord, please help me to see the beauty of every day.

Devotional from Guideposts


2 comments:

  1. It's not difficult to see the beauty in every day,if we just take time to stop awhile. I am always in awe of sunset colours.
    Such a lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is beauty in every day. I enjoy seeing the beauty you find along your hikes!

      Delete