Thursday, March 7, 2019

Just 10 Photos? Mission Impossible

I was nominated for the 10-day farming/ranching family photo challenge by my friend, Millie. You may have seen it on Facebook. Several of my rural friends have been participating.

The challenge is this: Every day for 10 days, post a photo from a day in the life of farming/ranching that has had an impact on you and post it with zero explanation.
 
No problem, right? I have lots of pictures.
 
Except that is a problem. My blog posts probably average five or six photos per time. My Tuesday post had 13 photos plus a graphic. That's not unusual. Weeding through my thousands (tens of thousands) of farm photos and choosing just 10 is daunting, to say the least. (Nobody said I couldn't cheat just a little bit and create a collage.)
 
And, really? I'm supposed to post photos without commenting on them? That's kind of a tall order for a writer, don't you think?
I never seem to complete these Facebook challenges just as they are presented. (Case in point is the Love Your Spouse Challenge.) I am a rule follower, but I'm not without my stubborn streak. (OK, I've admitted it, so you don't have to poll my parents or Randy, OK?)
 
So, here's my attempt at selecting 10 photos that reflect our life on the County Line. I've tried to provide a representation of seasons, crops and people, but this is one of those times when diversification of crops is not my friend. (I totally left out milo, silage and sudan.)
 
On second thought, here's a baker's dozen. If you want an explanation of anything I've chosen, just ask. Really! By all means, ask!
 
Another part of the challenge is to nominate 10 people to do the challenge. Please view this as your blanket open invitation. (Maybe you'll have better luck following the rules.)
 Well, at least a few of the photos won't have some sort of commentary blanketing them. 




2 comments:

  1. Mission impossible but you have won through. Well maybe not on the no comment rule but these images cover seasons, family and crops. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete