Thursday, September 15, 2022

Pizza Sliders

 

It's football season! Whether partaking at a tailgate before cheering on your team in person or enjoying the game in the cool comfort of your air-conditioned home while watching your big screen, big football games call for big taste!


Pizza Sliders provide that taste that provides a wallop - whether for game time or just a family lunch or supper.

It was another of those recipes I saw on Facebook and "clicked," but this was from a blogger I'd not visited before: I Am Homesteader.

I made some slight modifications, but it was an easy-to-make and tasty sandwich offering - for lunch, supper or tailgate! If you try it, let me know what you think!

Pizza Sliders
Adapted from I Am Homesteader blog
 
1 package Hawaiian bread slider or sub rolls (can use 12-count regular Hawaiian rolls)
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
12 slices mozzarella cheese, divided
48 slices pepperonis
¾ cup pizza sauce

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 7- by 11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.  In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Set aside. Split your buns/sliders in half horizontally, and place the bottom halves in the baking dish. I tore my sub rolls apart before spreading with any of the filling to make it easier to remove from the pan and serve individually.   Top the bottom halves of the buns with 6 of the mozzarella cheese slices. (For sub rolls, I folded them in half, so they'd fit on the bun.) Follow with a layer of the pepperoni slices, pizza sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese slices.   Place the top halves of the buns on top and brush the top of the rolls with the melted butter mixture.  Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes (or until the tops of the sliders turn a golden brown). Remove from oven, slice, and serve!


2 comments:

  1. Our football season is coming to an end. Grand finals over the next two weekends for the two major Aussie codes. It doesn't affect us as we, well Hubby, really only follow European football / soccer. The sliders do look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both enjoy football. I grew up with sports on the TV. We went to the high school games all my life, and we still try to support our local school. My grandfather played football at K-State, and my family pretty much bleeds purple.

      Delete