Friday, June 17, 2011

Boot Scootin' Boogie


I gave the boot "the boot."

After 6 weeks of wearing the lovely fashion accessory necessitated by a broken big toe, I decided it was time to lose the boot. (I had the orthopedist's blessing.)

On Monday, I walked a mile for the first time in 6 weeks. That may not seem like much for someone who typically walks 4 miles a day, 6 days a week. But I'm under strict orders to take it easy.

Ralph & Millie have been keeping me company. We're up to 1.5 miles a day now.


It has gone pretty well. I've had a twinge or two as my tennis-shoed left foot hits the County Line. But I haven't been huffing and puffing, even after weeks of inactivity.

However, someone else is. This week has been Millie's first excursions beyond the farmyard. Her tongue hangs out and her short legs pump to keep up with Ralph.

Once we get back to the yard, she immediately heads to her "pool" for a little spa time.

Move over, Millie. You're not the only one who needs a spa treatment right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment