Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Rerun for Father's Day

Brent's first harvest - 1988

The Dads in my life aren't going to sit in their recliners on Father's Day. Their favorite way to spend their special day is in a Kansas wheat field, cutting a crop that's taken 9 months to grow.

In a way, it's like raising kids, I suppose.
Good, honest, hardheaded character is a function of the home. If the proper seed is sown there and properly nourished for a few years, it will not be easy for that plant to be uprooted.
~George A. Dorsey

Jill & Randy, Harvest 1987

Just as in farming, there are plenty of variables in parenting. Fortunately, the weather isn't one of them (unless you're the Father of the Bride worried about the weather ruining your princess' big day).

Gina Dreher, Gingerroot Photography, Wichita, KS


But, today, just like always, I'm thankful for the "Daddys" in my life.
Any fool can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy.
Philip Whitmore, Sr.


You've heard the saying, "I couldn't say it better myself." Well, I said it last year in my Father's Day post. Click here for a County Line rerun honoring my Dad, my husband and my father-in-law.

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I didn't mean to cut off Randy's head in my little snapshot. This was my first attempt at a Linky! Live and learn, I guess!

    ReplyDelete