Monday, May 4, 2015

Cleaning House

I can always find something I'd rather do than deep cleaning. But when I cleaned out a storage cabinet not long ago, I came across a forgotten treasure. (That should probably motivate me to do more, but let's be real. It probably won't!)

When Jill and Brent were little, Randy's mom, Marie, made them a finger play glove and several verses. I took them to Topeka, where a second generation can enjoy these handmade, interactive stories.

Marie sewed and decorated the felt pieces. She then attached Velcro to the shapes and to the glove.
 
Kinley enjoyed taking each of them off as I read the verses.
 
Some day, Brooke will want her turn, too. (That time is coming quickly, I hear. Even though we just saw them a couple of weeks ago, Brooke has mastered crawling, is pulling up to things and walking around them. Watch out world! More accurately ... watch out Big Sister!)
They don't seem to care that a couple of them are out of season.
Hidden treasures are always in season.

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Wow! Baby Brooke is growing fast! Sheesh!
    I'm with you, I'd rather be outside raking leaves in the snow, then cleaning house! Haha!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Cheri! I'm not sure I'd go quite that far - ha!

      Delete
  2. Oh That is a treasure with finding. Look at the smiles. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinley is enjoying it, and I'm sure Brooke will get her turn, too. Thanks, B!

      Delete