Monday, May 18, 2015

Loving Leftovers

I personally don't mind having leftovers in the fridge. It simplifies the next meal or two. So, I guess I shouldn't mind having leftovers creep into my photo files either.

These were photos I took this spring that didn't make it into a blog post. But I decided they were worth another look anyway, since they provide a snapshot - literally - of what's been going on.
This first one just makes me smile. A cow looked ready to depart the cattle trailer for her summer vacation. "Open the door already!" she appeared to be telling us.
The next two were from the Palmer pasture. I shared photos from the Rattlesnake and the Ninnescah, but, for some reason, these didn't make the cut the first time around.
These ladies sure weren't complaining when we let them out of the trailer. They left their chauffeured ride without a backwards glance.

I always look at this trio of trees just before the pasture gate at the Ninnescah. They never disappoint - no matter the season.

"I think that I shall never see, a poem lovely as a tree." I sang a song based on that Joyce Kilmer poem at one of my first music festivals. I just didn't know how true I would find it throughout my lifetime. I love traveling through this tree-lined canopy on the way to and from the Rattlesnake pasture.


The wild mustard provided a scenic foreground to the pasture fence just south of our house. I'm glad I captured it, since the bright yellow flowers have faded now.

Since I take hundreds of photos, I am sure there are others hiding in plain sight. And that's OK. Sometimes, taking the photos opens my eyes to the beauty and blessings all around me - whether I share them or not. That thought was confirmed by a recent email devotional from Guideposts:

A Time to Act

Become more aware of the blessings that surround you.
 

A Time to Act

Oh, Lord, teach me to remember You in all things, every day of my life.

A Time to Pray

Creator God, thank You for the works of Your hand
that cry out the awesome truth of Your care for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment