Monday, April 11, 2011

Dew Tell!


“Every dew drop and raindrop had a whole heaven within it.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


It was one of those mornings when I really shouldn't have taken the time. But I couldn't resist.

Thankfully, my freelance writing assignment in Hutchinson on Friday wasn't until later in the morning. So before, during and after my 4-mile trek, I took photos.

It was a foggy morning and the dew was heavy on the budding trees and branches.

Socrates had it right: "Man's life is like a drop of dew on a leaf."

There was no waiting until I got home from Hutchinson to capture the ethereal loveliness of a dew-filled spring morning. The sun would have chased away the suspended droplets and the glistening moment would be gone.

"Morning is the best of all times in the garden. The sun is not yet hot. Sweet vapors rise from the earth. Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten. Birds call to one another."
William Longgood

It was just another reminder of the many blessings I have. If I hurry through the simple moments, I may not see them.

Was it worth every extra moment on a busy morning? Yes indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment