Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Channeling Columbus

Today is the true Columbus Day. Yes, in our quest for 3-day weekends, Columbus Day was celebrated on Monday. (I personally didn't notice much difference except I didn't get my mail.) But, back in my Byers Grade School days, October 12 was the day we colored pictures of the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria.

Let's be honest here: I'm kind of a homebody. I don't think I would have been the first to sign up for a berth on the Santa Maria. Ol' Chris Columbus would have pulled away from the dock without me when "in 1492 he sailed the ocean blue."

So what's the hitch? Maybe it's that I don't know what lies around that twist in the road. It's not that I don't enjoy seeing new places and experiencing new things. Once my husband drags me away from my well-oiled routine, I always enjoy the journey.

Maybe that's why this month's theme at Lovely Branches Ministries was a challenge. Exploration can be a scary word for we Type A girls.

Today, head on over to my Food for Thought blog. While you're there, check out the other blog "branches" at the Vine Press.

And Happy Columbus Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment