Sunflower from the Sunflower State

Sunflower from the Sunflower State

Monday, September 16, 2013

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone,
 but also on trees,
 and in the flowers and clouds and stars. 
 ~Author unknown, commonly attributed to Martin Luther

A full rainbow welcomed me home. What a beautiful greeting!

I spent the weekend with Eric, Jill and Kinley, along with some 50,000-plus "family" members at the K-State game. (More on that later.)

We only got 0.35" of rain, but it came with a beautiful rainbow. I drove through a heavy storm from Hutchinson to some 10 miles from home. (Of course, Hutchinson got more rain. It was the final day of the Kansas State Fair!) We could have used a little more rain, but the shower will help incorporate the fertilizer Randy had the co-op apply to prepare the ground for wheat planting in a couple of weeks. 

I felt a little guilty leaving Randy behind to work. But I guess I didn't feel guilty enough to stay home and miss Kinley's first K-State ballgame of the year.

While I delivered him to his pickup to move it back home, we saw a full rainbow. What a weekend ... family, football and rainbows. I am blessed!

The sky is the daily bread of the eyes. 
 ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment