Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Open Gate: Wordless Wednesday

There's a windmill in a pasture across from what we call the "round top." We have cows at the round top in the winter, a maternity ward of bovines awaiting their new arrivals.

We don't own or rent the windmill pasture across the road. But the windmill is in the perfect place to use as a silhouette for sunrises in the eastern sky.  (My blog header photo this month was taken at the same location.)

I made the two-mile drive on a morning last week. Usually, the gate is closed, and I've used the zoom to bring the windmill closer.

But on this morning, the gate was open. So I invited myself in.
 
As I walked up the path, I noticed the light pillar in the sunrise sky. Frost-covered grasses crunched beneath my feet, and my breath was like vapor in the crisp morning air. The morning sky was like a shape-shifter, changing moment by moment as the sun attempted to break through the clouds.

God opens the gate to beautiful days. And I am thankful.
The windmill in the light pillar
3 When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them? ...
9 Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!
Psalm 8:  3-4, 9

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos with amazing colours. I love sunrises! And with your windmill silhouette - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda! We definitely share the love of beautiful skies!

      Delete
  2. How pretty. The first picture looks so peaceful and quiet.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete