Thursday, August 23, 2018

August and Rain Puddles: Unexpected Blessings

August and rain puddles? They don't usually belong in the same sentence.
We are thankful for the unseasonable rain this month. Our gauge has topped 6 inches this month.
The weeds are out of control in our fields and in the neighbors', too.
But that's a better problem than bone-dry fields.

A Time to Think

The more I study nature,
the more I stand amazed
 at the work of the Creator.
 –Louis Pasteur, French chemist

A Time to Act

Be mindful of the simple everyday blessings
God showers upon you.

 

A Time to Pray

Open my eyes, Father, to Your world filled with surprises.
Email devotional from Guideposts.org

11 comments:

  1. It's been a crazy summer! I'm so glad you've got some much needed rain! Weeds can be a blessing in disguise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been, especially after a bone-dry winter. Weeds seem to flourish no matter the environment. But they've had plenty of fuel this month.

      Delete
  2. That's so wonderful for you. Our weekend forecast is for much needed heavy falls, but it isn't looking promising as yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the rains will arrive for you, too!

      Delete
  3. Our cows are enjoying the weeds :) I am happy you have some rain. It has been a tough year for so many. Better late than never for rain I believe.Hugs B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our cattle are still at summer pastures, so we are thankful for the rains that are keeping our pastures green, too.

      Delete
  4. 6" in August! That is a crazy summer for you. How we would dearly love those 6" over here right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is out of the ordinary. I hope your dry fields will get relief soon.

      Delete
  5. I'm pleased to report that many areas did receive very good falls. 12mm here but my garden can survive, I would that it goes to where it is desperately needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news. As with Kansas, I'm sure there are spots that missed out on the beneficial rains. Here's hoping for more to fall where it's needed - in Kansas and in Australia!

      Delete
  6. I really like your new decorative designs! it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete