Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Schizophrenic Weather

Stafford First United Methodist Church
It was 96 degrees on the bank thermometer when I drove by on Saturday afternoon.
It seemed that we had bypassed spring and skipped ahead to summer.
But the palm branches at Sunday's church service waved in a chilly, overcast day.
 
And then, overnight on Sunday, we hightailed it back to winter.
A couple of inches of snow blanketed the forsythia ...
and the quince, weighing down the delicate pink flowers with a coverlet of white.
And wouldn't you know it? We needed to move cattle. (More on that later.)
I might have been sorry that I complained about the 96 degrees. While I waited, I distracted myself from the shivering by taking photos. (I should have worn a heavier pair of socks.)
This morning, it was 22 degrees. That's a drop of 76 degrees in a couple of days. (Time will tell how the wheat crop copes. It's a long time until harvest.)

Kansas weather is undeniably schizophrenic.

2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    I can't believe you had 96* on Saturday, followed by snow on Sunday, crazy.

    It's cold here too. 19* at 5:30 this morn. I'm thankful that we have a breeze vs. the strong winds we had Sunday and Monday. Makes for a long cold 4-wheeler ride during chores.

    The last few afternoons have been sunny and in the mid 30's and it helps that the wind has gone down after dinner too.

    Also, I didn't leave a comment yesterday and got to thinking about your post later in the day. Your "Hear is on Sunday, Use it on Monday" posts are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think our weather has varied as much as yours, but this time of year is always a wild ride. Thanks for the comment about Monday's devotional post, too.

      Delete