Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day

It's a Snow Day here on the County Line! So far, we've had 11 inches of the white stuff. No baby calves have arrived during the winter weather yet. And since Stafford canceled school, I didn't have to drive into town for choir. All is well.

I got outside to take a few photos this morning. But since it was still snowing, the results aren't as pretty as they would be with a little sunlight thrown into the mix. Still, I thought I'd share a few with you. I am definitely not an expert, but I do love the natural beauty of God's creation - something I get to experience every day here on the County Line. My favorite winter shot of all time is the one I have in my blog banner. It was taken following the December 2007 snowstorm. The only good things to come out of that storm were some phenomenal photos. The downside? No electricity for 12 days!





(This was before it got light. I liked the starburst effect of the snow.)


Maybe, as Annie sings in the classic musical, "The sun will come out tomorrow!" If so, I'm ready and waiting with camera in hand!

Now I'm off to the barn to help run in the heifers. Dashing through the snow (actually - more trudging than dashing).

No comments:

Post a Comment