Monday, September 28, 2015

Observations: Yogi Illustrated by Kim

You can observe a lot just by watching.
Yogi Berra

These photos were taken Saturday, September 19, at the cottonwood tunnel (and just beyond) at Huntsville Station on 4th Street road, west of Hutchinson. We were on our way to the K-State football game. It was breathtakingly beautiful! 

I decided they could serve as a backdrop for some quotes by Yogi Berra, who passed away last week at the age of 90. Some have called him one of baseball’s greatest catchers and characters. He was a mainstay of 10 Yankees championship teams and, as a manager, led both the Yankees and the Mets to the World Series.

I'm not a baseball expert, but I do love quotations. And he was full of them, so many that his unusual brand of epigrams are known as Yogi-isms. I've seen several posts  since his passing September 22, listing "The Top 10" and "The Top 25" of his wittisms, some of which don't make a lot of sense but resonate anyway. On Tuesday, they'll celebrate the life of Yogi Berra at a memorial service. But I'm guessing his Yogi-isms will live on beyond his 90 years.

Always go to other people's funerals; otherwise they won't come to yours.
Yogi Berra 
A lot of guys go, 'Hey, Yog, say a Yogi-ism.' I tell 'em, 'I don't know any.' 
They want me to make one up. I don't make 'em up. 
I don't even know when I say it. They're the truth. And it is the truth. I don't know.
Yogi Berra
If you don't know where you are going, 
you might wind up someplace else.
Yogi Berra
When you arrive at a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

It's not over 'til it's over.
Yogi Berra 


2 comments:

  1. Stunning photos and beautiful quotes. A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda! We've been having some spectacular skies!

      Delete