Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Heath Brickle Coffee Cake


Do you have overnight guests coming for Thanksgiving? This coffee cake is a yummy way to wake up your guests.

But don't try to get all impressive and put it in a Bundt pan. I speak from experience. It sticks. Half of it remains in the pan. Then, if you're making it for a church gathering, you have to do it again. I wrote it in big letters in my cookbook: Don't put in a Bundt pan. So I'll save you the trouble.

Even if it's not as fancy as the Apple Butter Coffee Cake I took to the church brunch, it's just as tasty. And just think: You can learn from my mistakes. What a deal!

Enjoy!
Heath Brickle Coffee Cake
1/2 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. soda
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup Heath Bits o' Brickle chips

Topping
1/2 cup Heath Bits o' Brickle chips
1/4 cup pecans

Blend the flour, sugars and butter. Take out 1/2 cup of this mixture; set aside.

To the rest, add the buttermilk, soda, egg, vanilla and 1/2 cup brickle chips. Blend well. Pour into a greased and floured 9- by 13-inch pan. Top with topping, which you make by combining the 1/2 cup of reserved crumbs with the additional brickle chips and pecans. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter and bake in a 350-degree oven for about 30 minutes or until done. I made a glaze with melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and a little milk and spread over the warm cake. Then I sprinkled it with additional brickle bits.

3 comments:

  1. Jarod just finishing making this for breakfast for tomorrow morning. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you liked it! Hope it turned out well. What a multi-talented 4-Her - champion beef herder, champion baker!

      Delete
  2. It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great post.Calgary businesses for sale by owner

    ReplyDelete