Thursday, July 21, 2011

Picture Perfect


New moms have some creative methods to record the monthly growth of their babies these days. My niece Paige has been taking monthly photos of her daughter Neelly with a stuffed monkey. Either the monkey is shrinking or Neelly is growing. Paige got the monthly sign kit as a baby shower gift.

The signs were a lot more rudimentary, but Moms back in the "olden days" also recorded the passage of time for their babies.

My Mom took this photo of me at 3 months.

September 1957

I continued the tradition with my kids (True confessions: I wasn't as consistent as I should have been. And I definitely should have put the photos in an album as I went so I wouldn't spend my "golden years" searching through plastic tubs for hidden treasure. Where, oh where, was digital photography when I needed it!?)

How's this for a random mile marker for Brent? I guess "7 Wks" is better than nothing. It appears that Jill also had to have her photo taken that day. We couldn't have Brent being the star of the show without a little equal billing, so she got a 2 3/4 yrs. sign.

I haven't been particularly consistent with photographing our "baby" Millie either. But she seems to be filling the backyard tub a little more these days, and she's losing her baby face.

July 19, 2011

June 13, 2011

June 3, 2001 - The day we brought her home from the Animal Shelter

Let's just say Millie will probably take a back seat in the picture department when a certain little Ladd arrives in January.

2 comments:

  1. Glad Neelly could be a blog star again!

    And to show you a sign of the times, I set a reminder in the calendar of my phone for every 6th of the month to help me remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photo! I guess that's my excuse: I didn't have a newfangled phone to remind me to record the important milestones. (Come to think of it, my phone still doesn't do that. I need to upgrade like your Mom did!)

    ReplyDelete