Monday, June 28, 2010

Tag - I'm It!


I was never a fast runner. The speed bypassed this first child and went directly to my sister, Lisa. Once upon a time, she was part of a national relay team record.

I, on the other hand, was a track manager.

I still don't run. I walk. So it's not surprising that Mrs. E at Easy Street could tag me before her run this morning.

I'm new to this tagging stuff in Blog World, so maybe you are, too. Mrs. E got tagged by another blogger, then she had to tag several of her blogging acquaintances.

My sister participates in some of these Blog World links where everyone answers the same questions and then links them to a central location.

I have never done it because I don't think my responses will be nearly clever enough.

You are now all going to watch me realize my greatest fear. Here goes:

1- What’s your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can’t be bothered to be adventurous)?
I have a lot of go-to meals that I can throw together without a recipe. I guess today I'll choose Taco Pizza. The hubby and the son really like this meal. The daughter ... not so much. But it's also a hit with our farm employee during supper runs to the field.


2- What do you want to be when you grow up?
When I was little, I thought I'd like to be a composer. Since I had no skills in that area, that didn't work out. I have always thought it would be great to publish a children's book. It's a tough road to get a book published, but I have ideas rattle around inside my head. I need to spend more time "doing" it instead of "thinking" about it!

3- What book are you reading at the moment (if any)?
I'm reading Jane Green's "Promises to Keep." I just finished Lee Child's "61 Hours." I always have a book to read. I am NEVER without one. They know me at my library because I always have books on hold. (And, unfortunately, they know me because I usually have overdue books. Really, this last time wasn't my fault. I was confined to home due to harvest.)

4- How do you relax?
Reading is my favorite way to relax. Playing the piano "just because" is relaxing, though practicing to accompany 25 soloists is decidedly not. Watching the Food Network or HGTV are mindless relaxation.

5- What color are the interior walls of your home?
Most of my walls are as boring as me - off white. My bathrooms are blue, and my bedroom is lavender.

6- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Staying in my PJs to work. No one can see that I do my KFRM Central Kansas report in PJs most days. Or that I often blog and check Facebook in my PJs. It's part of the beauty of living in the country 12 miles from town. (I do get surprised on occasion, which is NOT a good thing. I always hope that Ralph will give me a warning bark so I can race upstairs and be visitor worthy.) I am working. Really.

7- What time is bedtime and getting up time?
During the summer, we are usually up by 6 AM. I'd say I am usually in bed by 10:45 or so. If it's Monday and Headline night on Jay Leno, I usually stay up to watch that. As a former headline writer, I really like that segment and am just glad none of my work ever ended up there. Last Friday, after we finished harvest, I was falling asleep in my chair at 9:15. So I went to bed.

8- How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?
I don't think I want to figure this out. Let's just say I spend way too much time on the internet. Part of it really is work. Really.

Now, I get to tag a few people. So, I'm tagging Lisa at Bauer Banter, Jill at Longitude and LADDitude, Chelsie at Doodles and Company, and Paige because she really needs to start blogging again. Ladies, all you have to do is answer the same questions and then tag a few people.

3 comments:

  1. Yea!! Now that wasn't so painful, was it?!! I am about to start "Promises to Keep" too!

    ReplyDelete

  2. thank you on the post. I have the following rating from the video.
    Folks should learn to totally ignore the critics these days. Too much political correctness has made them completely misleading and just plain wrong a lot.

    I haven't laughed in tears for much of a movie in a long time. Based on a true story this was outrageous and funny. It is not for kids and is pretty dirty language but so well done. Enjoy!
    > movies2k
    > arrival putlockers
    > the revenant putlocker
    > yidio movies
    > m4ufree movies
    > watch32 movies
    > megashare9

    ReplyDelete