Monday, July 30, 2012

New Every Morning

July 16, 2012
I started the coffee and glimpsed the sky through the northeast window. We are cocooned among trees at our house, so I can't see a panoramic view from my kitchen window - or any other window in the house. But the paintbrush colors streaking above the treetops were enough to entice me away from the welcoming smell of freshly-brewed coffee. I grabbed my camera and jumped in the car to watch another morning officially arrive. 

The old cottonwood tree at the corner south drew my attention. Its boughs watch yet another sunrise. How long has it stood like a sentinel as night again turns to day? It likely came with the homesteaders who brought trees to the area. Maybe it started as a sapling and now stands sturdy and strong. It has been battered by life - by storms, by drought, by wind, by insects. Yet it stands.

Today, the sunrise is obscured with clouds, though it doesn't seem to offer promise of much-needed rain. Each day is different. Each sunrise, each morning, has a fingerpint all its own.

Perspective is a fluid thing, isn't it? Today, there is light, but not the kaleidoscope of color.  Even a drama-filled sky is different, depending upon which direction you look. Look to the east, and there is bold color - hues covering the gamut of a new 64-Crayon box of color. 

But look to the north, and the scene shifts as the sun's rays turn the clouds to a pastel palette.
Turning to the west, it looks different still. And isn't there a lesson there? Our perspective may change when we look at a problem or a situation in a new way, with new direction. That's my prayer today - for you and for me.
22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”
25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
    to the one who seeks him. 
Lamentations 3: 22-25, NIV
***

Today, I am linked to Michelle's Graceful: Faith in the Everyday's Hear It On Sunday, Use It On Monday. Head on over and check out what other bloggers are talking about today!

 

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Jenni, beautiful thoughts and photos, Kim. I needed to hear your prayer message today. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete