Thursday, July 10, 2014

Interruption or Opportunity?

Sometimes, a ringing phone is an interruption to the evening. But sometimes, it's an opportunity.

Randy was on the tractor Monday night and called me.

"The sky is really unusual," he told me.

I looked out the window and didn't see a thing. We are pretty sheltered at the house with trees on all sides. But, he's never steered me wrong, so I drove down the road.

He was right. Though I couldn't capture it with my camera, the fireflies were competing with lightening flashes in the sky to the northwest. We didn't get the storm - just the light show.
Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
    in the heavens.
Psalm 8: 1

A postscript:  We missed the bulk of the storm Monday night, but we got 2.20" of rain last night, and it's still raining. We have a bunch of hay swathed and curing. Randy tried to bale last night, but it was too wet.  And maybe we won't get to those mud holes in the wheat fields this year. Best laid plans ...

On the other hand, I'm sure the corn will drink up this latest round of rain. There's always a silver lining - and sometimes it's in the western sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment