Monday, July 14, 2014

Wild at Heart: Snapshot Kansas

It's easy to overlook the beauty in everyday life. If I just glance down the Zenith Road as I turn the corner toward home, it's a pretty-enough rural landscape. The road seems to stretch into the infinity as dirt road meets blue sky.
But, look a little closer, and the blue of the sky seems to have spilled over onto tiny erect day flowers, like an artist's palette has made dollops of blue in the ditches that line our country road.
Look even closer and each yellow center forms its own sun.

A couple of weeks ago, the Snapshot Kansas photography challenge was Kansas wildflowers. I was so busy with  wheat harvest that I didn't post many of my wildflower favorites.
But, I didn't have to dig very hard to come up with some of my favorite shots. In fact, I had so many that I'll feature a sunflower-themed post later. 
I may not be a gardener.
Thankfully, God is.
And I'm glad to recognize His handiwork.
I may not always know the name of the flower ...
or the weed, as the case may be.
Just like we humans, the wildflowers are designed to bloom where they are planted ...
or where they are scattered.
There's probably a lesson for us in that, too.

10 comments:

  1. Thankfully God is a gardener;I love it, Kim. He does dot the prairie (and road ditches) with beautiful flowers. He is a gardener of our inner spirit guiding us to see the beauty in ourselves and others.

    Sounds like you had a productive weekend. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn! It's going to be a busy one with the county fair coming up, starting Wednesday. Even though I don't have 4-Hers at home any longer, both Randy & I still help out.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures, I love Kansas wildflowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! Check back tomorrow for the sunflower edition of this blog post. I couldn't cram it all in one! :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos Kim. Your Kansas wildflowers are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes the perfect gardener:) Beautiful. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope haying and wedding plans are moving right along, B!

      Delete
  5. I had fun going through the pictures naming them one by one, like old friends! I am known to tell my car buddies "Stop, I want to see that flower!" When are on vacation in CO, taking pictures of the wildflowers is an all day excursion! I once stopped our whole group of ATV riders so I could pick wild raspberries! Ready for a trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could take you on a ride with my photos! Thanks for taking time to comment.

      Delete